Using The “BOOK” as a Collaboration and Global Connection Tool
Let The IB Library show you how to center your Collaboration and guide the Inquiry Process with your students around one of our IB PYP aligned books.
You will increase your student’s writing abilities while fostering a sense of accomplishment and pride.
Success Creates More Success!The sense of pride and accomplishment you can help provide your students is immeasurable.
Using the “BOOK” initiative, you and your students will be able to:
- Contribute new material to a book
- Update or Change an existing book
- “Minecraft” a world for it
- Comment on it
- Translate it
- Write another book in the series
- Contact the Author with an email question
- Setup a virtual Author visit
- “Publish” your book online for the entire IB Global Community to see and use
At the end of each Unit Of Inquiry your school, or grade level, can come together for a “viewing” party. Pop some popcorn, invite parents and enjoy seeing what each child or class has created!
Each of our books will feature 3 elements:
- Teacher’s Guide
- Student Action Guide
Imagine the possibilities!
Our Inquiry Based Lesson Guides show you how you can use our IB Profiled books to:
- Promote Inquiry within your learning and teaching- we help you and your students to ask more meaningful questions!
- Assist in creating global minded, excited, life-long learners.
- Bring attention to global issues that have significant social, emotional and environmental impacts on our world.
- Promote tolerance and appreciation of different cultures from around the world.
- Empower your students with the skills of critical thinking, self-reflection and action.
Here are just a few examples:
Paddy the Pelican Survives the Storm by Judy B. Fane, England
IB Unit of Inquiry: How The World Works
IB Central Idea (s): Hurricane, Storms
IB Attitudes: Curiosity, Empathy, Cooperation
IB Profiles: Knowledgeable, Thinkers, Caring
Red Star Tara by Zedar Thomey, Canada
IB Unit of Inquiry: Where We Are In Place and Time, Sharing the Planet
IB Central Idea (s): China, Tibet, Tradition, Uprising
IB Attitudes: Confidence, Cooperation, Curiosity, Empathy, Integrity, Respect, Tolerance
IB Profiles: Knowledgeable, Principled, Open-Minded, Risk-takers