Media/ Library Teachers and Specialists- IB PYP Materials: Using The “BOOK” as a Collaboration and Global Connection Tool
Let us show you how to center your Collaboration and guide the Inquiry Process with your students around one of our IB PYP aligned books! You’ll increase your student’s writing abilities while fostering a sense of accomplishment and pride.
You and your students will be able to:
- Contribute new material to a book
- Update or Change an existing book
- “Minecraft” a world for it
- Comment on it
- Translate it
- Write another book in the series
- Contact the Author with an email question
- Setup a virtual Author visit
- “Publish” your book online for the entire IB Global Community to see and use
Create a school wide IB PYP community event! At the end of each Unit Of Inquiry your school, or grade level, can come together for a “viewing” party. Pop some popcorn, invite the parents and enjoy seeing what each child or class has created.! At the end of each Unit Of Inquiry your school, or grade level, can come together for a “viewing” party. Pop some popcorn, invite the parents and enjoy seeing what each child or class has created.
Each of our books will feature 3 elements:
- Teacher’s Guide
- Student Activity Guide
Imagine the possibilities! Please see the list of ebooks shown below as a sample of the IB Library’s ebooks for Media/ Library Teachers and Specialists. Search the catalog now.
Media/ Library Teachers and Specialists – We bring you our entire library of IB PYP Aligned and Curated books, along with IB PYP Teacher created Lesson Guides, all in one place! They include IB PYP Units of Inquiry, Central Ideas/ Inquiries Into, Learner Profiles and Learner Attitudes, along with all Transdisciplinary subject areas. No need to scour the internet. We bring the books and teacher’s lesson guides to you!
Our Inquiry Based Lesson Guides show you how you can use our IB Profiled books to:
- Promote Inquiry within your learning and teaching- we help you and your students to ask more meaningful questions!
- Assist in creating global minded, excited, life-long learners.
- Bring attention to global issues that have significant social, emotional and environmental impacts on our world.
- Promote tolerance and appreciation of different cultures from around the world.
- Empower your students with the skills of critical thinking, self-reflection and action.
Here are just a few examples:
Global Warming for Young Minds by Flemming Bermann, England
IB Unit of Inquiry: Sharing the Planet, How the World Works
IB Central Idea (s): Earth, Global Warming, Sustainability, Responsibility, Critical Thinking
IB Attitudes: Appreciation, Commitment, Confidence, Respect
IB Profiles: Inquirers, Knowledgeable, Caring
Nancy & the Nutrition Tree by Bonnie Priest, Canada
IB Unit of Inquiry: Who We Are
IB Central Idea (s): Nutrition, Health
IB Attitudes: Commitment
IB Profiles: Knowledgeable, Balanced
One Star at a Time by Boomer Bauman, USA
IB Unit of Inquiry: How the World Works, How We Express Ourselves
IB Central Idea (s): Stars, Space, Story telling
IB Attitudes: Appreciation, Curiosity
IB Profiles: Inquirers